Senior Category Manager
Location - Surrey
Employment Type - Permanent, Full Time
Salary - £46,000 - £52,000
My client is currently searching for an experienced and proactive Senior Category Manager to cover the Digital category within the organisation. This is an opportunity to join a newly formed team where your knowledge and experience will be vital in driving the procurement department forward and helping other team members with their development.
You will be 1 of 4 senior managers and will have up to 2 direct reports. My client is looking for a forward thinking and inspirational individual who considers themselves to be a strong leader and an individual capable of progressing the department forward whilst sharing your experience along the way for others to benefit from.
Type of person required:
*OJEU experience would be advantageous
*Previous management experience
*Can show clear results of savings
*Has experience with digital categories
What the opportunity will involve:
* Sourcing and procuring of IT software, hardware and infrastructure.
* Assisting the Associate Director of Procurement in the delivery of a strategic & operational procurement service.
* Market analysis and bench-marking activities to ensure best value for money is being achieved.
* To manage a rolling work plan capturing and managing procurement intentions for the Digital category.
* To ensure and pursue procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects.
* Preparing bid documents, managing the supplier selection process and pricing analysis.
* Actively participate in collaborative initiatives at either local, regional or national level.
* Work closely with senior Digital staff in the development and delivery of a strategic Digital category management programme.
* Actively lead colleagues through all steps of procurement and/or outsourcing process, to ensure best value for money is achieved and that risks are identified and mitigated.
*To approach projects and tasks with a commercial astuteness, deploying creativity and innovation.
* Maintaining relationships with existing stakeholders and building new relationships by delivering a quality service, ensuring sourcing solutions are in place to facilitate and monitor contracts resulting in high quality, value for money goods and services.
* To support / deputise for the Associate Director of Procurement in the delivery of a strategic & operational procurement service.
To be considered for this opportunity please forward your CV to Niall at (url removed)
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/en-gb/candidate-privacy