The role and its responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, this role will proactively project manage business transformation initiatives across the School using LEAN principles. He/she will work closely with all professional services directorates, to support the development and delivery of complex, end-to-end, business process engineering projects. The role will entail day-to-day project management to ensure excellent institutional interface across all areas of delivery. The role will be based at the SOAS University of London offices.
Key Skills and experience
* Acting as day-to-day contract manager in relation to training, development and implementation of business process improvement systems
* Working closely with, and managing, all day-to-day operational engagement and related project management activities with an appointed external management consultancy
* Apply expert, end-to-end, project management skills to ensure delivery of KPIs throughout the lifecycle
* A degree or postgraduate or professional qualification in a relevant subject area
* Demonstrable project management-level experience in a higher education or specialist capacity in a similar work environment
Competitive benefits package
As an employer of choice SOAS offers an extensive benefits package including:
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional School closure days (pro rata for part time staff)
* Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
* Various loan schemes including season ticket and IT equipment
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay provisions, childcare voucher scheme, financial support for childcare
The Global Engagement Directorate (GED) is a newly formed Professional Services Directorate that drives and delivers Transnational Education (TNE) initiatives and global partnerships and special projects within the School. The GED acts as a gateway between SOAS and all of our partners to deepen our in-region profile across key markets, and realise the School's ambitious transnational vision and ambitious strategy, whilst supporting and reflecting our core values.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please complete the online application form on the SOAS website and provide a copy of your CV together with a supporting statement. Further information can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification, along with a full list of duties and responsibilities.
Closing date: Tuesday, 10th December 2019
Completed applications must be received by 23:59 on the closing date to be considered.
Interviews will provisionally be held in the week commencing : 16th December 2019
If you have any questions or require any assistance with regard to the application process, please contact the HR Recruitment team, details can be found in the job pack.
'At SOAS we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff and students. As such, we welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background