Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Governance Consultant within our Smart Energy Code team.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter roll-out programme in Great Britain and providing the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service is a major account for Gemserv. So, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As the Governance Consultant within our Smart Energy Code team, you will be working in a team whose responsibilities are to manage meetings for the SEC Panel and its technical Sub-Committees, ensuring meeting documentation and minutes are accurate and well written, the Independent Chairs are well supported, and that meetings are well run and effective.
Governance Consultant Responsibilities:
- Managing the SEC Panel and Board meetings and its processes, ensuring the SEC obligations are fulfilled - including coordinating meetings and membership elections as required.
- Maintaining the Panel and Board activity planners, ensuring prescribed timelines are diarised and adhered to, leading the example for team members to replicate for the other Sub-Committees.
- Drafting meeting papers and technical meeting minutes that are researched, accurate and concise.
- Building strong client relationships with the independent Chairs and industry stakeholders.
- Ideally, we are looking for candidates to have experience of or interest in the UK retail utilities industry, preferably smart metering.
Governance Consultant Requirements:
- Have demonstrable project management skills, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely.
- Be digitally proficient and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience.
- Have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes.
- Have experience in UK retail utilities / UK Smart Metering.
- Be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre.
About Gemserv Ltd:
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Flexible working considered
Salary: £31,000 - £40,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits package
Benefits: We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
You may have experience of the following: Governance and Compliance Manager, Risk Manager, Compliance Manager, Governance Consultant, Compliance Management, Audit Manager, Regulatory Compliance, Change Management, Utilities, etc.