Deputy Manager (37.5hrs) - Voss Court, Streatham - £10.21p/h
About the Role
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our friendly Voss Court team based at our service in Streatham but also covering Kirkstall Lodge (Streatham). Voss Court has easy access to public transport, is close to local shops and has a well-maintained garden.
Rated 'Good' by CQC, Vosse Court is an established residential home with 6 adult residents with a mix of mental health issues, mild to moderate learning disabilities, physical disabilities and onset dementia. All need support with personal care, attending appointments, cooking and household chores.
Activities the Service Users participate in include going to church, bowling, long walks and picnics in the park, going to college, music sessions, stage shows and much more.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional person-centred care, empowering them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* This position will have the responsibility of working with the manager in offering a professional, flexible service.
* To supervise and lead a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can
* To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support
* To offer regular supervision to all staff
* To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users lifestyles and staffs skills and commitment to achieve this
* To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
* To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
* To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
* To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The successful candidate for the role will have:
* At least NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
* Experience in a similar position is required
* Full driving licence would be an advantage
* The ability to keep calm under pressure
* Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills
* The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
* We offer Full Time Permanent contracts
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care Career progression path within the company
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES