J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world .
Data analytics plays a critical role for management to navigating today's complex business environment. The Macro Business is launching a new initiative to help facilitate the use of quantitative data to drive business decision making. To that effort, a new Business Intelligence Group ( BIG
) will be formed to drive a comprehensive data strategy from the front office. This effort will span the trading and sales functions across CEM, Rates and Commodities business lines in macro markets. The role will be in the front office, but close collaboration with partners in operations, technology, QR, and F&BM will be essential.
This is a highly visible role within a specialized team of data analysts reporting directly into the BIG Global Head. The role will require analytical insight, strong data discipline, sound understanding of technology, keen business acumen, and an entrepreneurial spirit to execute. Strong communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technology and business is a must.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Define and maintain data taxonomy of key business metrics
- Understand and refine current data architectures to persist critical business data across all business lines
- Work with desk and business heads to understand critical metrics and relevance to their business strategy
- Develop predictive analytics to detect changes in data patterns that may be precursor to changes in our business
- Pro-actively driving adoption and rollout of business intelligence tools and data API's.
- Drive standardization across processes and reporting. Suggest and implement controls to improve efficiency & accuracy of existing processes
- Develop and enhance existing key MIS performance analytics and reporting
Skills Required :
- Highly adept and passionate about working with data
- Adept user of business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau / Alteryx
- Light coding ability in script languages such as Python
- Good understand of relational database and data query languages such as SQL
- Knowledge of statistics and basic machine learning a plus
- Macro business knowledge required (Rates, FX and Commodities)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: May 28, 2019